It’s simple. We’re fighting breast cancer in Dallas County. How?
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating Dallas County about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen Dallas County serves thousands of Dallas County women in 30 cities as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured Dallas County residents
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower Dallas County residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
Locally, Komen Dallas County funds lifesaving breast health services to help uninsured and underinsured residents in the fight today. We also fund cutting-edge research to find the cures so that future generations will not have to face this devastating disease.
Since 1992, Komen Dallas County has invested more than $22 million into Dallas County via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served Dallas County residents.
Komen Dallas County is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we’re also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating Dallas County about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen Dallas County funding provided the following in the 2012-13 grant cycle:
- 6,116 screening mammograms
- 1,099 people receiving breast cancer diagnostic services
- 317 clinical breast exams
- 192 people receiving prostheses and bras
- 178 individuals receiving transportation to breast cancer treatment
- 59 people receiving breast cancer treatment assistance for surgery, radiation, and/or chemotherapy
- 64 breast cancers were detected through Affiliate funded programs
Join Komen Dallas County in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time
, host a fundraiser
or speak about this disease across Dallas County. You can know your normal
and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today
. We're here to partner with you.
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.