Thank you for considering Susan G. Komen® Dallas County as a potential participant in your upcoming health fair!
We are currently accepting health fair applications for the month of October ONLY for events of 100 or more people, with primary focus on events taking place in Cedar Hill, De Soto, Lancaster and South Dallas. The Application Deadline is September 21st.
Please note that submitting the application does not guarantee our attendance. We will notify you if your application has been accepted or denied. Please complete the health fair application form here.
Should your request be denied or you are not eligible to apply based upon our criteria outlined above, we do have options for you to obtain breast health materials for your health fair. Click here to learn more.
We can also speak at your event! See how to request a speaker below.
IMPORTANT: Our speaker request intake process will be closed from September 21st through October 28th, 2018 to allow us to focus on our volunteer needs for our largest fundraiser of the year, the Susan G. Komen Dallas Race For The Cure®. We will not respond to any speaker requests during this time period. Please plan accordingly and we thank you in advance for your understanding. To learn more about our Race, please click here.
Have an upcoming event or group meeting where you would like a speaker to educate 20 or more people about breast health? Our team members are always looking for opportunities to speak to an audience about breast health and breast health resources subject to staff availability. Take a look at the WHO, WHAT, and HOW to Speaker Requests:
- WHO Speaks: A Susan G. Komen Dallas County staff member. A survivor, if available, may accompany one of our team members to share his/her Survivor Story. Survivor component of our presentation is subject to survivor availability and is not a guaranteed portion of our presentation offering.
- WHAT Do You Talk About: Below are suggested topics but can be tailored based on audience needs. In general, our speaking presentation ranges from 15 to 30 minutes.
- What is Breast Cancer?
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Community Profile and Disparities
- Breast health resources in Dallas County
- What Susan G. Komen Dallas County is doing to further the fight against breast cancer
- Ways you can join the fight!
**Subject to availability-a Survivor Story.
- HOW Do I Request a Speaker: Please complete the below steps
- Complete ALL REQUIRED FIELDS of the Speaker Request form. Click here to access the Speaker Request Form. In general, all speaker requests must be received no later than 4 (four) weeks prior to your event date.
- Complete the AUDIENCE NAME Form for 20 OR MORE REQUIRED ATTENDEES. Speaker Event-Audience Names. In general, audience names must be received no later than 2 (two) weeks prior to your event date.
- Submit your request form by the applicable deadline. Note-Attendance is subject to staff availability.
- If the affiliate is able to attend, those details will be confirmed with you, usually 1-2 weeks prior to the event date, at the latest.